Electrical Engineer III – San Jose, CA
Advance Design Consultants, Inc. is looking for an Electrical Engineer III to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Manage multi-discipline projects for large facility design projects. Understand client’s expectation and manage project scope of work and engineering services. Manage project budget and schedule. Assume overall ownership and leadership of the project.
- Manage and execute assignments and assume ownership as lead electrical engineer on a project. Manage and perform field verification tasks. Perform engineering calculations and prepare engineered plans and specifications.
- Prepare Basis of Design and create conceptual designs gathered from Client’s program requirements.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the project team.
- Work with Business Development Team to respond to RFP’s.
- Prepare preliminary cost opinions.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Perform peer review of internal in-house and other engineer’s drawings
- Review and approve equipment materials submittals and shop drawings in a timely manner. Respond to contractor requests for information (RFI’s) in a timely manner. Collaborate with installing contractors on constructability of the proposed design
- Prepare Commissioning pre-functional, functional, and acceptance testing forms, as well as oversee commissioning process in the field
- Open to working equally in both the field, including travel, as well as in the office.
- Communicate with design staff and clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Maintain an excellent client relationship reflecting and representing ADC.
- Relate to clients in a mature, thoughtful, professional and pleasant way.
- Develop technical skills of staff while mentoring others in a professional way.
An ideal candidate has:
- Has 15+ years experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license current in the state of California
- Affiliations (IEEE, 7×24, USGBC, etc.)
- Previous experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm as a Design Engineer or Designer in Data Center/Mission Critical and Commercial Projects.
- Proficient in building and electrical codes
- Extensive experience with Critical Electrical Systems (ie. UPS, Paralleling Switchgear, Generators, Power Distribution Units, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client Facing/Client relationship/Client Management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and within budget/client requests
- Project management skills (budget control and interdisciplinary coordination)
- Computer background: MS Office, AutoCAD. Familiarity with electrical analysis and load flow software, such as SKM Powertools
- LEED Accreditation a plus
Job Type: Full-time; Salary.
Hours of work: Standard working hours are 8am to 5pm. Association Attendance may be required.
Employment Terms: Employment-At-Will.
Required Education: 4- Year Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibility with junior engineers and CAD department.
To apply for an open position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.