Electrical Engineer I – San Jose, CA
Advance Design Consultants, Inc. is looking for an Electrical Engineer I to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Collaborate with the lead Electrical Engineer and execute assignments and assume ownership as the electrical designer or design engineer on a project.
- Perform field verification tasks confirming as-built conditions and any code deficiencies. Generate site observation reports.
- Perform engineering calculations confirming load and service requirements based on Code and program requirements.
- Prepare engineered plans directly in CAD. Engineered plans consist of the following: panel schedules, load calculations, site plan, single line diagrams, power and lighting plans, signal system plans, fire alarm plans, and details.
- Assist in preparing project specifications in close coordination with the lead Electrical Engineer.
- Assist lead Electrical Engineer in preparing Basis of Design and conceptual designs gathered from Client’s program requirements.
- Occasional attendance in project meetings.
- Review and approve equipment materials submittals and shop drawings in a timely manner. Respond to contractor requests for information (RFI’s) in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with installing contractors on constructability of the proposed design. Prepare field and punch list reports of site findings.
- Communicate with design staff and clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Maintain an excellent client relationship reflecting and representing ADC.
- Relate to clients in a mature, thoughtful, professional and pleasant way.
- Develop technical skills of staff while mentoring others in a professional way.
An ideal candidate has:
- Has 2 – 5 years experience
- Previous experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm as a Design Engineer or Designer in Commercial, Institutional, and Higher Education Projects
- Knowledge in building and electrical codes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer background: MS Office, AutoCAD. Familiarity with electrical analysis and load flow software, such as SKM Powertools
- Professional Engineer (PE) license current in the state of California a plus
- LEED Accreditation a plus
Job Type: Full-time; Salary.
Hours of work: Standard working hours are 8am to 5pm. Association Attendance may be required.
Employment Terms: Employment-At-Will.
Required Education: 4- Year Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibility with junior engineers and CAD department.
To apply for an open position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].