Mechanical Engineer – Intern – San Jose, CA
Advance Design Consultants, Inc. is looking for a Mechanical Engineer/Intern to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Prepare basic deliverables and products such as presentation materials, calculations, drawings, specifications, cost estimates related to mechanical engineering.
- Review applicable codes and criteria and examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
- Assist lead engineer in design tasks as required.
- Perform field verification tasks confirming as-built conditions and assist with identifying code deficiencies. Generate site observation reports.
- Perform engineering calculations confirming load and service requirements based on Code and program requirements.
- Prepare engineered plans directly in CAD.
- Assist in preparing project specifications in close coordination with the lead Engineer.
- Occasional attendance in project meetings.
- Communicate with design staff and clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Maintain an excellent client relationship reflecting and representing ADC.
- Relate to clients in a mature, thoughtful, professional and pleasant way.
- Develop technical skills of staff while mentoring others in a professional way.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0 – 2 years experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer background: MS Office, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, Revit, and/or MicroStation drafting experience.
- Previous experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm as Intern or Designer in Commercial, Institutional, and Higher Education Projects a plus
- Registered engineer in training a plus
- LEED Accreditation a plus
- Affiliations association a plus
Job Type: Full-time; Hourly.
Hours of work: Standard working hours are 8am to 5pm. Association attendance may be required.
Employment Terms: Employment-At-Will.
Required Education: 4- Year Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
To apply for an open position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].